Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Well it's been a very very long time again since I last posted because of family and stress at work and that I'm not very good at multitasking. I tend to get focused on 1 or 2 things in life and the rest totally falls off my radar.

I was able to completely retire this summer and now my focus is on tatting.

I'm still working on redoing my book and instead of the simple redo the whole project has taken on a life of its own. Besides just reorganizing and updating such as adding a split chain in place of a cut & tie and making pattern diagrams I started diagramming a technique in one section, then I kept thinking that if I drew this one I should do this other and of course the next too for consistency and so on & on &on.

It was only 49 half size pages and now is 57 full 8.5 x 11 pages.

I'm taking on a new challenge too; in Georgia's online class yesterday the subject of designing and diagramming came up and I'm going to host a class on "Tatting Design and Drawing software Lessons." It's going to begin today with a meet and greet 3PM and 8:30PM ET (New York time). All are welcome, experienced tatters and newbies alike. Please stop in if you can.

This is something I've been wanting to do for quite a while so since it came up now I figured the time must be right for it.

Now I'm off to get ready for this afternoon's class!
Happy Tatting All!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Niklewicz said...

I was quite stunned to see this post, and hadn't realized you started a blog back in 2006 - which I consider 'pioneer' times! I'm still struggling with blog posting (since 2008), mainly because of computer issues (I'm finally updating my equipment).

I recognized your name immediately, as your "Hearts Desire" pattern is definitely a classic! Indeed, Tatskool tats it to showcase her many awesome hand dyed threads; and many other tatters have also featured it in their posts.

I was so pleased to find your pattern on Georgia's site, and I finally tatted it myself this summer. It's a fabulous pattern, and I marveled at the beauty of its construction - and your amazing diagram!

I won't be able to join your session today, but I am delighted you are now retired and able to focus again on tatting! Welcome back!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

So very happy to see you focused on tatting again! I can't make tonight's class but I'll check out the log later. Welcome back Sue!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home